Saturday, October 31, 2009

Today's Halloween Commitment

Halloween is a very scary holiday for me. I'm having anxiety over the candy. Danny and I were choosing bags of candy to pass out. He said we should get what we like in case there is any left over. I mentioned I'm going to try not to eat any. He said, "Yeah, right." There's my "try"...now I need a little "umph." So here it is: I am committed to not eat any Halloween candy today nor tonight. I won't eat any as I open the bags. I will refuse if offered.

My "moderation mechanism" is busted. I can't have just one piece and be content. If I have one, my eyes roll to the back of my head in bliss and return green with slitted pupils. I grow claws and fangs and begin to growl at the moon as I hunt. I wake up the next morning surrounded by evidence of my night and wonder, "what did I do!? Noooooooooooooooo!!!!"

So, just for today, no Halloween candy. If I officially make the commitment by writing it down or telling someone, I'll keep it. I'll check in tomorrow and report. I also commit to continue drinking lots of water and to finish eating after 7:30 and now begin taking a vitamin supplement with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment