Friday, April 9, 2010

C25K Week 7, AZ, Computer Allergy (?), and Part 2 Repost

C25K Week 7 (What's a C25K? Click here).
Monday - Ugghhhh I was so happy when the 25 minutes were up. It was difficult. My shins were hurting. I didn't have my ipod. (But Danny came with me :)

(Tuesday - walked 3 miles with Danny)

Wednesday - I did it. And, I kept going. After the 25 minutes I realized my legs didn't hurt, and I was breathing fine. I wondered if I could keep going. I did. I jogged for 3 miles. I JOGGED FOR 3 MILES!!! Not for three steps, three houses, nor three blocks...three miles. Fireworks were going off in my head. I was choked up and cried a little. (Did have ipod, no Danny).

(Thursday - went to IKEA and walked for about 100 miles inside there - lol , actually, I forgot my 3 mile walk that day)

Friday - 3 miles, Baby! (uh huh, uh huh, that's right! uh huh) 41.09 minutes. Slow as molasses, I know. That's okay. Danny came with. I didn't have my ipod, but Danny has a radio in his phone and put it on for me the last stretch up the hill.

Instead of finishing the C25K's last 2 weeks, I'm going to see about improving my time for the 3 miles. MWF-jog. TThS-walk.

Click here for another C25K success story. Leah from "My New Ending" just ran her first 5K race. Did she come in first place? In the race, no. In her life, yes. Way to go, Leah!

Arizona
I'll be unplugging for a week+ and heading for Arizona. Mom is having surgery, and I want to be there for her and my dad. She has had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis throughout her body since she was 2. She's had both hips and both knees replaced. It's been 30+ years from the first time her hips were done; they are worn out. Now she's having hip revisions. She's been in her own training program getting ready for surgeries. She keeps her weight down and has been strengthening her arms and leg muscles preparing for this surgery. She's been a great example to me.

Computer Allergy?
I suspect I'm having some sort of reaction to our computer. My index and mid finger (right hand only) get sore and swell up. Those are the fingers that are on the touch pad/mouse. When they get sore, I use my ring and pinky fingers (R hand). Then they get sore. It gets really bad if I'm on the computer for a long time. My neck itches. My sinuses get stuffed up. Strange, huh?I've drastically reduced my time blogging. I read more than comment. Unplugging for a week will be good. (We have a DELL XPS M1330 with silver touch pad).

Oh, and here is Part 2: Reposting Danny's entry "Torrid Affair" over at Larkspur's "Am I Really That Fat/The Back Forty."

15 comments:

  1. I love your victory dance, "Uh huh, uh huh, that's right! uh huh." I could SO picture it!

    The song we heard on our last stretch was "Knock You Down" with Kanye West and Keri Hilson.

    Kanye West:
    Keep rockin, and keep knockin
    Whether you Louie Vouitonned up or Reebok'in
    You see the hate, that they're servin on a platter
    So what we gon' have
    Desert or disaster?

    Keri Hilson:
    I never thought I'd be in love like this
    When I look at you my mind goes on a trip
    And you came in and knocked me on my face
    Feels like in I'm a race
    but I already won first place...

    Listen here http://j.mp/10XKa

    ReplyDelete
  2. great training week for you!

    hope your mom is ok. have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your run! I hope that your mom's surgery goes well! I will be praying for you and your family. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great Gina! Keep it up!

    I hope your mom's surgery goes well. It's nice that you can be there for her and your dad in person.

    The sore fingers in reaction to the computer sounds really strange, I've never heard anything like it. I hope it's only temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... you're so sweet to post such nice words about me. I love the phrase about coming in first. Might have to use that on a scrapbook page.

    Good job on your first 3 miles!!!!! YAY!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! You're doing great!

    Have a nice, hopefully warmer, time in AZ and I wish your mom the best and a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and that computer reaction is weird...were you serious about that? i'd like to hear what you find out, if anything. hhmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. THREE MILES!!!! GO GINA!!!!!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danny - Thanks for the song, and our run this morning almost knocked me down!

    Thank you, Everybody, for the well-wishes. And, yes, Leah, I am serious about my strange reaction. I'm not allergic to anything that I know of until now. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm leaving Arizona tomorrow morning.

    I hope your mom's surgery goes well and wishing her a speedy recovery.

    That's strange about the computer. I wonder what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a safe trip to Arizona. I'll pray for your mom that all goes well.

    If I'm on the computer a lot then my right hand hurts - I think it's from the mouse though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the 3 miles!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 miles is awesome--you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW on that training.. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! & I really hope all goes well with MOM. GOOD LUCK! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope your mom's surgery went ok and you get your computer allergy figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent!!I do like your blog a lot,I had fun reading it and I would like to congratulate you for your 3 miles jogged.!!You did a good job.Keep it up.!!I hope your Mom is doing good now.!!



    arizona personal trainer

    ReplyDelete