Thursday, March 25, 2010

C25K Report - Week 5 and Gratitude

Yes, the C25K is back on. It's a nine-week program, and I just finished week 5. It's becoming easier to wake at 6 a.m. There's less traffic, less car fumes. And I love how the snow on the snow-capped mountains seem to float like spirits against the dark sky. Their positions settle and their majestic presence loom as dawn breaks.

It's cold, and I feel alive. And I feel grateful. Running outside along our one-mile loop brings me out of myself, out of my problems:

I run by *Bro. W's home (I wonder if they've filed bankruptcy).

I run by Sis. H's home (Yay! She finally found a job. I need to remind Danny to help her and her 4 little ones move on Saturday).

I run by Sis. B's home (Oh, that's right, she's sick. Darn, I haven't called her, yet).

I run by Sis. G's home (I want to go see her next week. She's so amazing and faithful. How would I handle the death of a child?).

I run by the empty lot on our hill, and the view takes my breath away.

I run by the R's (I remember the terrific talk their teenage son gave in church).

I run by Sis. O's (How does she remain so patient and easy-going? Remember to thank her).

I run by the other W's (I wonder how Sis. W is feeling about her new calling as Relief Society President. She'll be wonderful).

I run by adorable homes that just aren't selling.

I run by the H's (How do they do it for being out of work so long?).

Next door are the other H's (I hope he's feeling better. Sis. H must be so worried).

I run by our beloved chapel (Comforting).

I run by the B's (How did Bro. B survive that accident?).

And now I'm at Bro. W's home, again. Their kitchen light is on.

And I am grateful.



*{Most of my neighbors and I are members of the same religion. We call each other Brother and Sister during church (we use first names in casual settings - except to the Bishop). Minors address us as Bro. or Sis. So-n-so all the time as a sign of respect. It brings us closer and reminds us we're in this together and to be there for each other}.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds very peaceful. What a great way to start the day! If I just were a morning person....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me around the neighborhood with you. It was fun guessing who's who. Have a wonderful day visiting teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a lot of support and friends right around you. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day to start your day. Great job on the running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you run! I tend to go along trying not to think about how I don't like running grumblegrumblegrumble, oh that house looks pretty, gosh that guy was driving fast, I hate running grumblegrumblegrumble hmmmn, I wonder if I should repaint the living room, I hate running grumblegrumblegrumble...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Gina!
    I have very similar thoughts in our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, i have never known so many people along my running route like that! how wonderful for you and i bet it makes the time go by quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the morn runs. I do my Sunday one very early. Great that you have so much support!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely post!

    To me gratitude is the most import ingredient to success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, what a delightful reminder of community. I am very proud of your C25K progress! And I would love to guest post you and Danny-- I'll email you in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking us on a tour of your run route, I love it!! What a great community you live in!!

    ReplyDelete