Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Award II - The Lie About Me Revealed
My last post listed 8 things about me, one being a lie:
1. I used to drive a pink 1965 convertible Mustang.
2. I married my childhood sweetheart.
3. I was an atheist and ended up joining a church that had been on the top of my dislike list.
4. Someone smashed into my car's left door and front fender. I spray-painted "Sh*t Happens" (without the *) across the left side and drove it around like that until I got it fixed.
5. I married someone I only knew for three weeks.
6. I can do 18 push ups in one set.
7. I took myself to Kauai, Hawaii and spent most of the week alone: me, the beach, and a VW van.
8. I'm a horrible liar.
I did drive a '65 convertible Mustang. My father bought it when I was a baby. I grew up in that car. It was passed on to me when I graduated. It was a bronze color at the time. Someone turned into me and wiped out my left side, but it was still drivable. Do you remember those bumper stickers that said, "Sh*t Happens?" I spray painted that across the left side of the car. My boss didn't think it was funny and made me park in the back until I had it fixed a couple of weeks later. THAT'S when it was painted pink with black vinyl. I had to sell it after 9-11-01 to pay the bills. (1,4)
I did marry my childhood sweetheart. Met him at 16, married him at 18, divorced him by 20. (2)
I married someone I only knew for 3 weeks at age 26. Danny and I will celebrate 15 years together next week, Sept. 15. (5)
I was an atheist and the Mormons (LDS) were at the top of my dislike list. Danny invited the Missionaries into our home almost 12 years ago. My perceptions of them were wrong. We converted 11 years ago, giving up alcohol, tobacco and coffee (almost -- that's a hard one). If you want to read about my conversion story, it's on my other blog here. (3)
Two weeks after I had my car repaired and painted pink, someone else clipped my front fender. It was minor. I put off repairing it and took myself to Hawaii, instead with the money. I had a friend that lived in Kauai. She lent me her VW van and let me sleep on the couch. I had just gone through the divorce and had been doing a lot of rebounding. I just needed to be alone to think. I loved it so much that I gave away most of my stuff and planned on moving there. Then I met a Tom Petty look-alike and stayed on the main land with him a couple of years. (7)
I AM a horrible liar. I can't even put on a poker face to hide a joke or prank. I dread it when my kids ask if there is a tooth fairy, etc. I just say, "I've never seen one." (8)
That leaves #6 - I CAN'T do 18 push-ups. I can maybe do 10 from the knees. (Sorry, Jody).