Monday, November 2, 2009

Grocery Shopping Jitters

3:30 a.m. Can't sleep.

I managed to not eat any more candy yesterday. Had the melted marshmallows, though. I've been on the melted marshmallow kick lately.

I have to go grocery shopping...nervous about that. I habitually select something from the pastry section. My 4 year-old son asks for his free cookie and I am soooo tempted by the single serve items. Sometimes not just the single serve...I've been known to buy whole packages of eclairs or a cake or pie and eat the entire thing by the end of the day. It's aweful writing this down, but there it is.

Drug addicts in recovery are told to avoid areas where they use...areas that could trigger a relapse...areas like bars, certain streets, friends' homes, etc. How do I avoid the grocery store?

Okay...just for today...I will not buy anything from the bakery or cookie section. {It's weird, though, I've been sitting here for several minutes debating if I'm going to commit to no candy today. I'm now thinking about my new blogging friends and their struggles with the Halloween candy, too}...Okay...just for today...no candy, either. And lots and lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment