Monday, November 16, 2009

Might As well Jump

I have a jump rope...had it for over 20 years. Never used it. Don't know where I got it. I've held on to it move-after-move and keep it in one of those on-the-door "shoe" holders with all the pockets. I've always over-looked it. Lately, though, I keep noticing it.

That would be good exercise, wouldn't it? Jumping gets the heart-rate up. It tones the muscles, strengthens bones. I've decided to add that to my daily exercise: 1 minute per day.

I did a "before" video of my very first time jumping rope. I've decided not to post it right now because I look like a complete idiot and have no "after" video to vindicate me don't want to waste your time without a motivating "after" video. Basically, the video shows me jumping for about 10-15 seconds before I begin getting tangled.

The goal is to build stamina, coordination, strength. I'll do an after video in a few months.

Nutritionally, my next step is to add a vegetable and fruit serving to my breakfasts each day. I'll talk more about that soon.

4 comments:

  1. You are so brave to video yourself jumping rope! Jumping rope is hard work but awesome exercise! Great job on building your nutritional base - it's so important as you are getting healthy - not just with weight, but nutritionally as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I lost the baby weight (w/#3) I jump roped a little during the winter to keep from going crazy. It's a nice thing to add in to the mix.

    (and thanks for your comment on bdd...I needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a fun addition to excercise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing your rope jumping in a month or two!

    ReplyDelete