Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ugh. Officially under the weather. {cue the violin} So tired. Hacking. Throwing up. Added bonus of my back going into spasms every time I cough. Motrin helps. Husband is on 3-day trip.

Don't have to worry about the extra Halloween candy...it's gone. Yeah, I ate it for breakfast. And it was soooo gooooood. Darnit. Maybe I'll care when I feel better. (Didn't eat the kids' stash...just the left-overs).

On the upside of being sick: I get to stop and be thankful for the kind gestures others offer me. My 8 yr old daughter surprised me with a hot water bottle in my bed last night. My friend brought over a herbal tea that really helps her. My neighbor picked up my kids from school and brought us chicken soup and rolls for dinner tonight. I'm thankful for their service and examples.

Bonus...blog time. I've been able to check out a couple of other weight-loss blogs and see their journey as I'm beginning mine. It's encouraging to see I'm not alone. I'll read an entry and think, "That's how I'm feeling!" etc

3 comments:

  1. Poor dearie, are you feeling better? Small attentions when you're sick do mean the world. Keep hydrated and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sorry to hear about you being sick--barfing is THE WORST!

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete