Monday, January 18, 2010
Happy 101 Award
Thank you AnonymousFatGirl (is it Bobbie?) for mentioning me on your blog and passing on this award. You are not anonymous to me. You are inspiring and strong and beautiful. I look forward to visiting you each day.
As I understand it, I am to list 10 things that make me happy and try to do one of those things today. Then I pass on this award to 10 more bloggers that brighten my day. Those bloggers, then copy the image above, post it on their blog, and repeat the process if they want to. Otherwise, please just accept the award, know I think you are great, and continue doing what you do best.
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
1. Arizona thunderstorms. I was born and raised in Phoenix. I like the rain anywhere, but there is something special about Arizona rain. Maybe it's the mesquite and sage.
2. Utah snow. We could play for hours in it.
3. Long drives. I love road trips, even as a kid. The best tv in the car was the window.
4. Private swimming pools. I love to float and hear the silence. I can pretend I'm a mermaid if I want to. I can jump, do hand-stands. Skinny dip. I don't feel the restrictions of my weight.
5. Time alone. I don't want to permanently be alone, but I sure appreciate when I am.
6. The temple. It's beautiful and peaceful inside and a great place to clear the mind. Even just seeing it from the outside makes me happy.
7. Playing games with my kids. Sometimes I let myself get too busy and preoccupied to play. I'm always glad when I do take time with them besides doing homework and showing how to do their chores.
8. Hot water bottle in my bed on a cold night. we keep the temp low in our home and everyone gets a bottle waiting for them under the covers at the foot of their bed. It's so nice to scurry into bed, slide our icy feet down and just melt.
9. Hot husband in my bed on a cold night. (Nuf said).
10. (just one more? how to choose?) Being able to say, "I did it!"
Blogging has opened doors for me. It has gotten me out of the house, both figuratively and literally. I'd like to pass the "Happy 101" award to these fellow bloggers. It's sort of in chronological order.
Cranky Fitness was the very first blog I've ever seen. (I guess I was a blogger virgin). I hadn't begun my fitness journey, yet. I didn't feel good, was bumbed and angry. I went on line to see what info I could learn about health. I don't know how I found C.F., but there it was. So, I clicked on it, (after all, I was cranky) to see what this blogging thing was all about. Crabby McSlacker and Merry Sunshine (now Jo and Gigi) made me laugh and had useful topics and info. I learned from the comments, also. C.F. lit a spark for me.
Boppa Ding Ding How could I resist a blog name like Boppa Ding Ding? Cranky Fitness was the only blog I was following (Who has time for more? HAHAHA ohhhh heeheehee That's a good one!) Anyway, I was reading C.F. when I saw Boppa Ding Ding on the side of Crabby's post. At first I hesitated. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know who Boppa was, nor did I want to know about his Ding Ding. Convinced it wouldn't be porn, I clicked. This is KatieO's blog. Her post that day brought tears to my eyes. I was feeling spiritually down, and she just happened to also be LDS, and through her blog, I felt reminded of the things I could be doing to lift my spirit back up. She was also the very first person to leave a comment on my blog.
Diane Fit to the Finish I call her a "blogger angel." She visits probably several dozen blogs everyday lifting and encouraging others. Her daily posts seem to be just what I needed to hear. She's been to her own self-destruction hell, has pulled herself out, and has stayed out. Now she helps others while raising her beautiful brood. She played a big part in me starting my fitness journey. She also has great recipes.
(I better speed this up).
Larkspur Am I Really That Fat was the first to follow me, and I feel connected with her. I like her honesty, pursuit for health to ward off lurking diabetes, and encouraging words (and sympathy during my swine flu).
Jody Fit at 52 is another angel. Her blog is a must. She knows her stuff and is so willing to share it and help. This might sound a little sappy, but when I go to her blog, it's almost like she's saying "I love all of you" with all of the info, quotes, tips, and time she takes putting it together.
MizFit calms me. Her videos are gold, like having my own personal trainer at a price I can afford (free). Her "Unapologetically Myself" mantra/idea follows me and helps me be a little braver.
Josie YumYucky Josie is another one I want as my neighbor and friend. I just started following her, but I've been seeing her comments everywhere since the beginning, and she is freaking funny, and smart, and a doll.
Leah My New Ending We have several things in common, and I feel like I'm on this journey with her. I love this quote she has on her home page: "Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. " ~ Roberta Brenick
Staci Weight Loss Mama I like her. I was initially drawn to her blog because of her growing interest in running. (I wondered if I could ever like it). I learn from following her. Just going to her home page makes me happy (you should see it).
Roni at GreenLiteBites provides recipes galore with pictures and videos. I appreciate all of her work and her success story.
Seth Primal Stride Very cool guy. He began the Primal Stride Challenge (it's on pause for another week) which helped me and others. He also writes "Sayounara" letters to each pound he loses. Great letters.
You all have added to my life. Thank you.